Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"What is your mother's maiden name?" "Satan..."

I think the common threads that bind all of humanity together are pretty funny threads. These threads have no color, no particular language barrier, nor are there any special ways to get out of these barriers. One cannot change who she or who he is; only improvement or disimprovement can come with effort. Most threads are discovered when you can relate to something in a situation. Most of the threads I am familiar with come from my own experiences but I have learned some are relateable through other people. Take this for example:

The title of this entry comes from a question I often ask people. I think it's hilarious when asked, "What is your mother's maiden name?"
"Satan..." comes the reply.

What does this mean? What does that make you think of? Can you relate to that? Is the context of the message clear enough for you to relate to? Is this a culture-bound thread or is it universal?

I can't think of what to call this kind of thread. What do you think?

No comments: