Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Stuff to write about

Here is another entry into my blog. I feel very excited to have this blog, yet I don't know why I have it...wait, yes I do; I want to learn how to do it. They say it is best to get experience in everything. It's funny I have to remind myself.

What to write about? What do I want? i think I want to learn how to be a 21st century person, instead of a 20th century person. I really envy people who are born in the past 10 years; whty will grow up learning how to do so much in the world. I still remember old skool pac man and the Atari st. What I am angry about is the fact there are no flying cars, no mass-produced autonomous robots assisting mankind, and nothing that has been helpful in overcoming poverty, greed, terrorism, and war. Nor are there a lot of things that people have dreamt of for our current era. Politics, let's not even start!

I think it would be interesting to view the history of this era, but from the end point of my life. I am currently a 20-something (whatever that means) who hopes to live atleast til my 90th birthday in great health. And when I say great I mean no arthritis, lubago, ibs, alzheimers, glaucoma, high blood pressure, heart disease, false teeth, and bad back/joints. But then again, this life is a time for growth and experiences. Some are more sweet than bitter, some are more bitter sweet.

And with these experiences, if you have too much of one thing, the exact opposite seems more potent. At what point do you believe in the bitterness as the only reality? At what point do you become jaded?

Even as I have written this I have experienced a handful of small astringent experiences. I hate being the bearer of bad news.

No comments: